Monday, May 01, 2006

New Role

The last two weeks have been the most hectic and rewarding professionally in recent memory.Your's truly has since then moved from his earlier project and profile of a Trainer into a new domain of Content Development.
In some ways it is a full circle for me in the company.When I had originally applied here , it was for a similar profile but invariably landed in an operational rollout .
For some strange reason whosoever had shortlisted me in the interview ,resigned in the coming days.This ensued that I ended up hung in suspended animation while my savings bled.
One fine day a new opening was advertised by my employer and I jumped at the chance. Within three days we were packed off to Mumbai and put up in a decent hotel near Worli Seaface.
Call it my luck that fifteen days into the training I recieve a call from my office that the decks for my joining the Content team have been cleared and I am supposed to report by next week.
Suddenly the realization dawns upo them that I am already a part of a different project and the offer is hastily withdrawn ;)

Anyhows ,had a good time in Mumbai, saw why it is better than Delhi on many fronts and where it sucks..saw ShahRukh Khan's bunglow on Bandstand and had pao bhaji at juhu chowapatty( highly overrated I might add) .I did get to know that most of the vendors there were from Agra/Mathura.Having been subjected to the mentioned places for all four years of my Engineering ,I did feel a fraternal bond with them.A mild chitchat laced with the Mathuraisqe dialect of Hindi (sample :kaa haigo lala ?) ensured that I got a complimentary Pao and some extra bhaji..
Well that all fond memories and the subsequent travails have been documented in my blog...

More will follow..

2 comments:

Ford Prefect said...

Ha ha ha ... Didnt think even Delhites hated Delhi so much ..;-) .. I know what you are talking about dude ..

Kapil said...

dude..me dun hate delhi..but the ppl here r kinda sad !! being the centre of power ensures the crap of the nation resides here ..
Unlike other cities ,Delhi lacks a unique socio-cultural identity.It is the veritable cocktail of the loud and prepostorous Punju,the headstrong Jaat,the sadistic UP bhaiya and the backward Bihari...And you know ,too many cooks spoil the broth.