Thursday, March 02, 2006

And God spoke.....

......Your scar is legend. As of course, is the wizard who gave it to you.
Harry: Voldemort killed my parents, he was nothing more than a murderer.
Lucius Malfoy: Hmm, you must be very brave to mention his name... or very foolish.

Ron: They were starving him, Mum. There were bars on his window.
Mrs. Weasley: You'd best hope I don't put bars on your window, Ronald Weasley.

Draco Malfoy: Why are you wearing glasses?
Harry: [disguised as Goyle] Uhh... Reading.
Draco Malfoy: Reading? I didn't know you could read.

Hermione: Fear of a name only increases fear of the thing itself.

sounds familiar.....well for the uninitiatated ,these lines have been taken from Harry Potter...boy wizard and goldmine for the concerned stakeholders......

Now let me think ...
Did God FedEx a copy of the 10 commandmants to Moses ?
Did God issue anyone an autographed copy of the Bible ?Infact who wrote it in the first place ?
Did Amnesty International protest against crucifixation of Christ ?

yet we believe beyond grave in their story and revere them beyond life..but can anyone ever authenticate the writings.

I wonder if there is a global catastrophe and much of the planet is wiped out ...maybe after a thousand years they would excavate and find a copy of 'Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince '

They would translate it somehow...'hey sounds like a scripture'.and eventually conclude Harry Potter is God !

I am not questioning the truthfullness or orignality of any text ..of any religion ...They all preach wonderful messages of humanity ...but I do wonder at times...have the gods and godesses who were invented as metaphors to convey images of goodness ,purity and truth overwhelmed the true message that was to be conveyed ??
Have we forgotten the message and embraced the messenger..

The Dutch cartoon row has opened my eyes to a sad reality ..Religion.. which is suppose to guide us..has blinded us beyond relief ..

If you want to know what God thinks about all this..here it is

"Religion is not God ...its just a road..and like all roads ,it has to be travelled on to reach your destination...me..The blood of your brother you so readily draw in my name ...is of my own heart...Every drop you fell is milked through me...its my blood under your feet and on your hands...and every act of kindness plants a rose petal under your step and his...."

No comments: